Interested in joining our team? The standards are high, so whether it’s installation, production, management or a team role – we seek out only the best. Think you’ve got what it takes? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Please follow the link of interest below to fill out an online application; paper applications (mailed, hand delivered or faxed) will not be accepted. Emailed applications/resumes will not be accepted, interested applicants must use our online application system.
We are searching for a Senior Accountant to join our finance department and take over the major reporting and reconciliation duties for our company. We need a professional with inherent leadership qualities and the attention to detail necessary to ensure accurate reporting in all areas. The successful applicant will have knowledge of multiple accounting aspects and will have prior experience with tax issues.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles
- Manage the GL including the architecture and maintenance as well as the execution of allocations and accruals and ensure consistency exists between entries
- Perform financial statement analysis and report on variances
- Work in partnership with the external accounting firm to prepare year end documentation and provide supporting work papers and schedules
- Manage job costing and analysis process including cross department coordination to gather necessary information
- Assist in filing of all Use Tax and Sales Tax, refunds and payables
- Manage the Accounts Receivable process, including AIA invoicing
- Managing the Inventory Accounting process, including recurring and non-recurring accruals
- Managing the monthly, quarterly and year-end financial statements and close processes
- Execute multiple projects with a high degree of accuracy
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Effectively and professionally communicate with inside and outside contacts
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as directed by the President/CEO
- Develop relationships across departmental boundaries to ensure a consistent and effective process flow
- 5 plus years of general or tax accounting experience
Bachelor’s Degree in business accounting or comparable experience preferred
- Strong background using ERP Software for accounting, Global Shop Solutions a plus
- Advanced computer skills with exceptional spreadsheet aptitude
- General ledger accounting experience
- Specific process knowledge of accounting and reporting
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting and financial management principles and concepts
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Manage and lead the entire project life cycle
- Ensure projects are completed to meet the scope, schedule, and budget expectations
- Builds and sustains strong positive relationships with internal and external customers to ensure completion of project deliverables
- Responsible for regular customer communications throughout the project life cycle and appropriate distribution of communication to internal customers as required
- Act as a liaison between departments to ensure a consistent and effective process flow and overall goal achievement
- Ensure product quality by monitoring and reviewing the drawing process, conducting regular and systematic production reviews, and visiting job sites as needed to understand quality from the client’s perspective
- Engage in opportunities to increase market share within current client base by identifying new client opportunities
- Oversee multiple priorities with a close attention to detail
Essential Job Functions
- Adheres to Goebel’s Core Values and all safety and quality requirements
- Continual communication of forecasting to department managers
- Responsible for full understanding of contract documents
- Responsible for handling all drawing submittals to and from the client
- Create complete project schedules for both internal and external clients which dictate all essential milestones and durations of a project
- Creation of sales orders, projects, change orders and engineering work orders within MRP/ERP system from quotations
- Quotation generation in system for projects that do not require pricing by Estimator
- Responsible for directing client invoicing to Accounts Receivable department and to follow-up with client on any and all past due invoices
- Responsible for direct coordination with Procurement Team for all long lead time and non-stock materials to accommodate project schedule
- Responsible for review and reporting of project progress and notify department manager of any concerns immediately along with ideas to best mitigate financial losses moving forward
- Ensure proper documentation of rework and change orders
- Facilitation of handoff meetings between Estimating, Engineering and Production
- Support weekly activities of Installation Team while onsite
- Clearly communicate any and all issues arising out of punch walks onsite with client to all associated company teams and follow through to ensure completion in timely fashion for proper project closeout
- Managing all aspects of finish samples from suppliers to meet the expectations of the clients and their material selections
- Evaluate the labor and material costs associated to each job code, report inconsistencies and/or inaccuracies and follow up on all resolutions
- Perform other duties and activities as defined and directed by Management
- Associate degree (A. A.) required, Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Construction Management or equivalent experience preferred
- 3 years of hands-on Project Management experience in a woodworking or construction (retail or residential) environment
- Preferred experience in product line management including product launch, marketing and product life cycle management
- Proficient Computer Skills in Microsoft Office and Project Management programs (MRP/ERP)
- Effective leadership experience
- Strong Communication Skills via email, phone, or in-person
- Ability to read and understand bid documents, specifications, spreadsheets, shop drawings and blueprints is mandatory
- Excellent technical skills and knowledge of store fixtures and/or architectural millwork.
- Possess good analytical skills with a strong attention to detail
- Individual must be a motivated team player that can add value to a team environment
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Ability to think creatively and apply ingenuity to problem solving
The Manufacturing Engineer role is responsible for evaluating and implementing efficient manufacturing processes as well as programming of CNC production equipment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes, systems and machinery based on quality criteria, such as efficiency and speed to optimize performance
- Optimize facility layouts, production lines, machine operations and network performance
- Integrate machines and systems, automated or manual, to optimize performance
- Apply continuous improvement methods such as lean manufacturing to enhance manufacturing quality, reliability and/or cost-effectiveness
- Ensure that manufacturing procedures follow safety and environmental regulations
- Determine root causes of failures and recommend changes in designs, tolerances or processing methods
- Investigate or resolve operational issues such as material use variances or bottlenecks
- Evaluate CNC operations and tooling needs, recommend solutions
- Train production personnel in new and existing methods
- Supervise, train and mentor team of programmers
- Monitoring and coordinating department resources to meet programming schedule
- Establish and maintain uniform SOPs
- Monitor and expedite information to establish and maintain project schedules within budget
- Create accurate machining details and CNC Code
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy, detail, and urgency
- Collaborate with Production, Engineering, CNC Operators, and other internal teams to meet established standards
- Collaborate with vendors and contractors related to systems and equipment
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the manager
- Two-year technical degree in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, CAM, or Manufacturing Technology
Degree in Engineering a plus
Previous experience as a manufacturing engineer or similar role
- Three years of CNC Programming experience in manufacturing cabinetry, or millwork, and /or three years of commercial manufacturing CNC operation experience in the areas of furniture, cabinetry, or millwork
- Proficient computer skills in a CAM Software, SolidWorks, AutoCad and MS Office.
Exceptional knowledge of shop drawings, CNC wood routers, panel saws and posts, work center methodology and standard machining methods
- Ability to work with minimal supervision; possess self-discipline, and can effectively prioritize multiple tasks
Excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think creatively, be inventive and apply strong problem-solving skills
- Individual must be a motivated team player that can add value to a team environment while also providing solid team leadership
Goebel is searching for a CNC Operator – Wood to join our Team. Goebel is a progressive and forward-thinking company that places value on positive attitude, personal motivation and drive. You will work in an exciting environment that provides ever-changing challenges coupled with an organization that is committed to your success. We offer a competitive salary with a great benefits package, and we look forward to receiving your resume. Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our business.
The CNC Operator – Wood role is responsible for setting up and operating CNC equipment in our wood products operation including, but not limited to routers, panel saws and edge banders.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes and sets controls to regulate factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Evaluate and validate CNC tools and paths for each component part and be able to adjust parameters if needed.
- Properly install, calibrate and test machine tooling.
- Properly load raw materials and/or parts onto machines.
- Starts and observes machine operation for malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications using measuring and inspection tools.
- Performs routine maintenance tasks on machines as required to ensure functionality.
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers, or others to resolve machining or assembly problems.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area and maintain all equipment in like-new appearance, according to maintenance plans and established procedures.
- Perform duties in accordance with the production schedule within allotted budgets.
- Capacity to handle multiple priorities with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and urgency.
- Interpret complex drawings, apply knowledge to solutions and incorporate changes when deemed necessary.
- Perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Be a team player by displaying a positive outlook, offering assistance to co-workers, communicating effectively and working cooperatively in a team environment
- Effectively manage time and priorities
- Adapt to change and be open to new ideas
- Continue to grow lean knowledge and use the tools to identify and assist with continuous improvement.
- Observe safety procedures by using equipment and materials properly
- Display a commitment to excellence and monitor quality for internal and external customers
- Problem solve by gathering and analyzing information skillfully and in a timely manner
- Math skills in addition, subtraction, multiplication, algebra, and geometry
- Effectively interface with internal software such as ERP, drawing viewers, MS Office and dedicated machine controls.
- A two-year technical degree in CNC operation or equivalent CNC operation experience.
- Solid computer skills in Microsoft Office and drawing/model viewers such as Autodesk TrueView and eDrawing Viewer
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Exceptional knowledge of shop drawings, bill of material structure, routing structure, work center methodology and standard machining methods.
- Previous CNC programming experience
- Woodworking / Cabinet-making experience
- 1-10%: Sitting, Low Level Position, Crouching, Climbing-Stairs, Climbing-Ladder, Balancing, Climbing-Forklift
- 11-33%: Bending/Stooping, Twisting, Reaching-Overhead, Climbing-Forklift
- 34-66%: Standing, Walking, Bending/Stooping, Reaching-Forward, Reaching-Low Level, Push/Pull
- 67-100%: Reaching-Forward
- 1-10%: 75-100 lbs., over 100 lbs.
- 11-33%: 25-34 lbs., 35-50 lbs., 51-74 lbs.
- 34-66%: up to 10 lbs., 11-24 lbs., 25-34 lbs.
Goebel is dedicated to providing interior fixtures to major players in the luxury market. With over 80 years of experience, we continue to live true to our vision of being an industry leader through our skilled employees, supreme customer service, and unmatched quality. We believe in keeping promises, surpassing expectations, and providing unparalleled customer service, which has allowed us the privilege to be aligned with the best.
Goebel is always searching for great people to join our Team! Goebel is a progressive and forward-thinking company that places value on positive attitude, personal motivation and drive. You will work in an exciting environment that provides ever-changing challenges coupled with an organization that is committed to your success. We offer a great benefits package and look forward to receiving your resume.
If you do not see a position that currently aligns with your skillset you may submit your resume for future openings. Please note that if you are interested in a currently posted position you should apply directly to that open position(s). We also encourage you to check back often to view and apply to positions as they open.
Please feel free to fill out the online application and we will contact you if your skills match one of our future openings. Please follow the link below to fill out an online application; paper applications (mailed, hand delivered or faxed) will not be accepted.
Please take a few minutes to familiarize yourself with our business at www.gf.com